raylib 1.7 released
New raylib version 1.7 arrives with lots of improvements. Some highlights of this new version are:
- More than 30 new functions added to the library, functions to control Window, utils to work with filenames and extensions, functions to draw lines with custom thick, mesh loading, functions for 3d ray collisions detailed detection, funtions for VR simulation and much more!
- Support of configuration flags on every raylib module. Advance users can customize raylib just choosing desired features, defining some configuration flags on modules compilation. That way users can control library size and available functionality.
- Improved build system for all supported platforms (Windows, Linux, OSX, RPI, Android, HTML5) with a unique Makefile to compile sources. Added support for Android compilation with a custom standalone toolchain and also multiple build compliation flags.
- New examples and sample games added. All samples material has been reviewed, removing useless examples and adding more comprehensive ones; all material has been ported to latest raylib version and tested in multiple platforms. Examples folder structure has been improved and also build systems.
- Improved library consistency and organization in general. Functions and parameters have been renamed, some parts of the library have been cleaned and simplyfied, some functions has been moved to examples (lighting, Oculus Rift CV1 support) towards a more generic library implementation.
- Some other features: Gamepad support on HTML5, RPI touch screen support, 32bit audio support, frames timming improvements, public log system, rres file format support, automatic GIF recording...
For a detailed list of changes, check CHANGELOG.
raylib 1.7 Windows Installer (61 MB)
89 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.